The Westerman 6

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's 2010






Valentine's is always a fun time of year especially when you're young and in elementary school. To give small notes of friendship and of course as Tanner would say..."THE CANDY!" This year it was no small feat for me to make it thru the small holiday for the boys at school. During open house at the beginning of the year we somehow got signed up to take the snacks for not only one class but TWO classes this year. It turned out fine as my mom volunteered to help bake some cupcakes for me. She did one batch as I did the other. Thank goodness for my mother dearest she has helped me out of some tight spots and this isnt the first time this year either. I ended up sick on Tanner's birthday this year and she baked them and took them to school for Tanner. He was very grateful for his Grandma Weezee that day :) As I was! Anyhow, our lovely morning turned into a total nightmare as for the first time in my life my cupcakes didnt rise or turn out very well. Of course I wasnt going to take those to school and give the kids... I just figured if they tasted ok my kids could eat the flops... and they did as I suspected.

In the end I had to go to the grocery store to buy cupcakes which I despise doing. But I had to do something of course. I get to the store and they have NO cupcakes on the shelf. But the lady behind in the bakery saved my little tushy and was making up some more and she made them specific to my needs which I thanked her for and she acted as if it was no biggie. Well it probably wasnt a big thing to her but to me it was and I was thankful that she was there. I thanked her many times for her generosity and kindness to me. In the end the kids in Tanner's class got grandma's cupcakes and Brandon's class got my purchased ones. I felt terrible but at least they had cupcakes :) Delivered on time and with some extra candy from me to hopefully keep myself from feeling completely like a failed mother... They ate them of course and loved them cuz they were so pretty. I was gonna do some neat stuff but I just didnt get the chance cuz I had BAD cupcakes! I have no clue as to what happened but I have never had that problem before ever! I am still at a loss.




Saturday proved to be a wonderful day for the boys as Grandma Weezee took them to Wichita. They spent the entire day with her on a "kids" day out with grandma :) They really enjoyed that. It's been a while since she has done something with them like that. They went to Wichita and ate at Burger King of all places but they stayed and played for an hour or better there. After leaving there they headed straight to the mall for a little shopping with Grandma at their favorite place on earth... The Build-a-Bear Factory :) They had gift cards to spend and they were determained to spend them and more of course as you cant seem to get out of there without spending an arm and a leg on your teddy bear of choice and of course some accessories to go with them. This time they bought camoflauge tents for their newest additions to their bear families :) It took Tanner about 2 seconds to pick his new friend which of course is a monkey-no suprise there and named him Max. Peyton did suprise us by getting a camoflauge teddy bear that he named Brandon LMAO! And Brandon my sweet boy loves his teddy's. He has one that is getting kinda worn in his advanced age and is ripping in a couple places. He has been bothered lately by this and so he walked in on a mission looking for a replica of his Teddy :) They didnt find one just like Batman Bear (he named him batman bear lol during his b-man phase) but he did find one very close to the same. One that he was at least satisfied with. The lady was very nice about helping him because they didnt have any in the bins that he liked to choose from. This nice lady went into the back into the stock and searched for a bear that would match Brandon's request. She found one and he was content with him. He is a honey color and actually a very pretty bear. Brandon may be 9 but his teddy's are still his friends and I wouldnt ever take that away from him. He takes them to his Dr. appointments so I know they mean more than just a bear to him. They are his friend yes but also some security during his laser treatments. They go thru it with him and I am sure that is how he looks at it. That helps me in a weird way to know even though I am there or grandma is there...he isnt going thru it alone and he is comforted by the fact that his bear goes with him. So his new friend is Barry. I am just thrilled that they had a good day with Grandma. They were needing some grandma time that was well over due. There is just so much drama from another in the family that it prevents my kids from having time with my mom. It is really unfair to them but doing what is best for MY kids is what I have to do. So...Thats they way it is and if my mom isnt careful with how she is handling this situation she might find that she loses how close she is with my boys. Due to stupidity from other sources. But anyhow they had a good day and that was a Valentine's Trip made of pure love for them and that was the best day they have had in a very long time.

I will add a picture of Peyton with his new friend. He will have a new friend for a long time to come with proof in the picture :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.